Sunday, April 25, 2010

Huzzah!

Haven't posted one of these in a month now! Figured I'd better rush and get up what I could before I left. The title has nothing to do with the content of this blog other than I just wanted to say Huzzah! Things here in logan have been crazy busy as is to be expected with someone who has to jump the gun on all of his finals 2 weeks early. It isn't alot of fun and I don't reccomend it but it will pay off down the road getting me back here just in time for school, which starts on the 30th of August, if all goes well or as planned. But things always have a way of working out for the best even though it's not always what we have planned. I finished my last day at extreme computers on thursday and I was able to have a good talk with Aaron(one of the co-owners). He asked when I would be getting back and let me know that they would have my job waiting for me and would love to have me again when I got back. The lord has gone well out of  his way to bless me in so many ways with how things always seem to work out...even if it's at the last minute. Always reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from President Hinckley:
 "It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us." 
I always remember that quote when things start to get a little dicey and it generally helps to bring me down a few notches on the stress factor.

From school I basically go straight to basic training. I'll be reporting to the Radisson at 6pm on wednesday where I'll be briefed and early the next morning I'll be getting the rest of my processing done at MEPS and then it's off to Georgia. I'm nervous, excited, anxious and pre-homesick all at the same time. It'll be tough giving up a summer without the fam and friends but I think it'll all be worth it in the end. Despite my emotions I look forward to this great adventure. Just short of a month ago I was called to be the elders quorum second counselor again except a different ward. They new that I wouldn't be any good to them before I left but insist on holding the position for me until I get back. Guess I'm a special case to them here. Also had a great oppourtunity to meet with the bishop today to go over things with basic one last time. For those of you who don't know my bishop was a chaplains assistant in the national guard and had some opportunities to deploy and serve around the world and in Iraq. He has had a number of great missionary experiences during his service time. So he is able to offer alot of great insight as someone LDS in the military. He really is a great man and appreciate what he has done for me. He gave me a dvd entitled "let not your heart be troubled" a great little film made by the church to offer some sage advice and instructions about saints in the military service. I felt it a great little video which he was generous enough to give to me.
Russel being the good horse that i've trained him to be in the back ground just content to stand there while I worked with dolly a bit




Yesterday I was lucky enough to also go horseback riding with a good friend Andy from up here in logan. Saturday was the perfect day to get out and enjoy some nature with the horses and forget about my problems. It was a perfect ride without any issues and proved alot of fun.  
Andy and Dolly with Dolly not really being able to enjoy herself because she was to tired or at least acted like we were trying to kill her.


Tomorrow is my last day and all my finals go down as well as my world trade organization debate. I'm looking forward to finally being done with this semester and not having to worry so much about what i'm going to be when I grow up.

3 comments:

  1. Man, I can't believe it's already here...on the verg of the unknown again. We love you Sean and look forward to all the adventures you'll find in Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All Right!! Here we go! I'll see you Tuesday Bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not quite as excited as Kay...but I'm glad it's really beginning. I know you will be so successful. I love you. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete